Sunday, June 22, 2008

Strawberry Cake to die for

So I got inspired by another blogger whom seems to make the most yummy cakes. She made this great strawberry cake for a birthday, and my son saw it and just had to have one for his birthday. Well being that he was having a large party the cake had to be huge.
So I gathered all my supplies and I sliced strawberries until my fingers hurt and made him the best cake I could make. He loved every little minute of it. And much to my surprise so did our family that attend his party. I had to make one for my mom's birthday (which is the same day as my son's) and then my husband wanted one for his birthday just not as large. So it has turned into the big deal now that when ever some one has a party they want me to make the cake. I have 2 request for July for parties and then I have my daughters birthday that same month. It's going to be a busy time for me. But I am so excited that I get to do it. Something about decorating a cake is just so relaxing. Watching it start as just a sheet of cake and then icing it and adding all the little special touches to it, is just awesome.
Here are a couple pictures of the wonderfully yummy cake. (thanks evilcakelady for your inspiration)

THE TOP OF THE CAKE

THE SIDE OF THE CAKE


GETTING READY TO BLOW HIS VERY SMALL CANDLE OUT ON HIS HUGE CAKE!



This also makes a beautiful round cake as well. The top will look like a flower. Cupcakes works as well. The cake part is just plain white cake and the frosting is butter cream. I cheated and used store mixes and frosting. Just ran out of time to make it all from scratch.

Happy baking..

No comments: